Last month I said that my Sunday post featuring the Great Eagles would be a one-off, but clearly I was wrong as today I'm back to talk about more new miniatures for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
There are two new plastic kits on advance order this weekend - the Grim Hammer Dwarves and the Knights of Rivendell. For those of you that have seen The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, you'll recognise the Grim Hammer Dwarves from the very start of the film as they defend the walls of Erebor. Michael and Alan Perry have captured their look perfectly and each of the 12 models in the kit has a unique pose - some stand at ease, their pick-hammers held casually in their armoured gauntlets, while other are in mid-swing, ready to smash apart their foes. The Knights of Rivendell are similarly dynamic, their capes billowing in the wind as they charge into battle. You even get parts to make a Captain and a Banner Bearer in the set. Painting guides for both the Elves and the Dwarves can be found in February's White Dwarf.
- Thu, 23 May 2013 - Return to the Empire
- Wed, 22 May 2013 - June’s White Dwarf preview
- Tue, 21 May 2013 - The Sons of Titan
- Mon, 20 May 2013 - A dying flame in the darkness
- Fri, 17 May 2013 - The return of Daenyathos
- Thu, 16 May 2013 - The Phoenix Reborn
- Wed, 15 May 2013 - Painting the armies of Ulthuan
- Tue, 14 May 2013 - Civil War and Death Worlds
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - A Conflagration of Phoenixes
- Fri, 10 May 2013 - New from Forge World