Last month I said that my Sunday post featuring the Great Eagles would be a one-off, but clearly I was wrong as today I'm back to talk about more new miniatures for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
There are two new plastic kits on advance order this weekend - the Grim Hammer Dwarves and the Knights of Rivendell. For those of you that have seen The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, you'll recognise the Grim Hammer Dwarves from the very start of the film as they defend the walls of Erebor. Michael and Alan Perry have captured their look perfectly and each of the 12 models in the kit has a unique pose - some stand at ease, their pick-hammers held casually in their armoured gauntlets, while other are in mid-swing, ready to smash apart their foes. The Knights of Rivendell are similarly dynamic, their capes billowing in the wind as they charge into battle. You even get parts to make a Captain and a Banner Bearer in the set. Painting guides for both the Elves and the Dwarves can be found in February's White Dwarf.
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013 - Codex Space Marines: Ultima Edition
- Fri, 06 Dec 2013 - Death of Sylvania: Sigmar’s Blood
- Thu, 05 Dec 2013 - From the Depths of Mirkwood
- Wed, 04 Dec 2013 - Bring it all! Siege warfare and Super-heavy tanks
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 - New: Imperial Armour Volume Two, Second Edition
- Mon, 02 Dec 2013 - Countdown to Christmas
- Sat, 30 Nov 2013 - New Products available to pre-order
- Fri, 29 Nov 2013 - December’s White Dwarf preview
- Thu, 28 Nov 2013 - Mud: it’s cracking stuff!
- Wed, 27 Nov 2013 - All is rust…