Yes, you did read that correctly - the title does include the word 'icing'. The Stormlord in the pictures above is not a miniature. It is, in fact, a cake.
This heavily armoured birthday cake was made for a lucky chap named Guy for his 30th birthday - someone clearly loves him a lot. The tank comes complete with turret mounted vulcake mega-bolter, sponson-mounted icing guns, fuel drums, exhaust pipes, a few Imperial Aquila and even a little weathering. As befits an Imperial tank, the icing armour is nice and thick to ensure that incoming fire will simply bounce off. Sadly it did little to protect the tank from close combat attacks with a sharp cake knife. Guy was also pleased to find out that the Stormlord was chocolate orange flavoured. Who'd have thought an Imperial tank would be so tasty?
On a more practical, non-cake-related note, if you're thinking of using Super-heavy tanks in the new version of Warhammer 40,000 then there's an FAQ for them on the Forge World website including everything you need to know about how Hull Points and Structure Points work and, more importantly, how many guns you can fire every turn.
- Thu, 23 May 2013 - Return to the Empire
- Wed, 22 May 2013 - June’s White Dwarf preview
- Tue, 21 May 2013 - The Sons of Titan
- Mon, 20 May 2013 - A dying flame in the darkness
- Fri, 17 May 2013 - The return of Daenyathos
- Thu, 16 May 2013 - The Phoenix Reborn
- Wed, 15 May 2013 - Painting the armies of Ulthuan
- Tue, 14 May 2013 - Civil War and Death Worlds
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - A Conflagration of Phoenixes
- Fri, 10 May 2013 - New from Forge World