Whether it's the sleek jetbikes of the Eldar, the heavily armoured anti-grav Landspeeders of the Adeptus Astartes, or the petrol-driven Deffkoptas of the Orks, most races in the 41st millennium have access to flying machines of some form or other. However, none of them are quite as bizarre as the Tomb Blade - a Necron invention that would make a Techpriest cry with despair.
Just looking at the Tomb Blades, you'd come to the conclusion that they probably shouldn't fly. They don't have wings, nor do they have any kind of engine, or even an exhaust pipe. In fact, there doesn't even appear to be a joystick for the pilot to steer it. All in all, it's a very odd machine. But then if you'd invented something that could slip through dimensions, ignore gravity and override the basic laws of momentum, then you'd probably not bother putting wings on it either. It also doesn't matter that the pilot has no controls, because the Tomb Blade itself is flown using a series of pre-written hyper-fractal equations (I'm glad we never did those in maths class). The Necron is really just there for the ride. Oh, and to pull the trigger.
Tomb Blades are essentially an aerial nightmare for your foes. Not only are they incredibly nippy, but they've got a surprising amount of firepower for a jetbike-sized unit. If their twin-linked tesla carbines aren't dangerous enough for you then why not upgrade them with particle beamers - they should be powerful enough to deal with most enemy units easily enough. On top of that, you can also upgrade them significantly, making them one of the most versatile units in the Necron army list. If you're a stickler for protection, why not give them better armour. Or perhaps you could cloak them in an aura of darkness and make them hard for the enemy to see. Or perhaps you could give them a Nebuloscope so they can track their foes through seven dimensions (yes, seven - four just wasn't enough) to ensure the perfect shot.
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 - Et tu Helbrutus?
- Fri, 07 Mar 2014 - By the power of Chaos, White Dwarf is out tomorrow
- Thu, 06 Mar 2014 - Dwarfed in stature
- Wed, 05 Mar 2014 - Transferable Skills
- Tue, 04 Mar 2014 - The Imperial Knight Companion
- Mon, 03 Mar 2014 - Let the crusade begin
- Sat, 01 Mar 2014 - Herald of War – the Knight Companion
- Fri, 28 Feb 2014 - Charge your thermal cannons, White Dwarf and Warhammer: Visions out tomorrow!
- Thu, 27 Feb 2014 - Honour, Courage and Solitude: the life of a Freeblade
- Wed, 26 Feb 2014 - Damned if you do…