When it comes to extreme firepower, the Necrons certainly know how to get the most bang for their buck. Well, most of their guns tend to go zap rather than bang, but you get the idea. Some of the biggest guns in the Necron armoury are the lightning-based tesla destructors that are mounted on the Annihilation Barge and Byron Orde decided to paint not one, not two, but three of them for his collection (we're beginning to wonder if he ever sleeps or whether he just lives in a world of perpetual painting).
Like many of his models, Byron has painted the three Annihilation Barges using a fairly limited palette of silver, brass and turquoise, along with a couple of glowing green pipes and lenses as spot colours. If you're wondering about the colour scheme that Byron has used, then look no further than our Studio Necron army from the Nihilakh Dynasty, which was painted by Chris Peach, our resident painting guru. You can see more of them in May's issue of White Dwarf including a double-page painting guide.
- Fri, 17 May 2013 - The return of Daenyathos
- Thu, 16 May 2013 - The Phoenix Reborn
- Wed, 15 May 2013 - Painting the armies of Ulthuan
- Tue, 14 May 2013 - Civil War and Death Worlds
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - A Conflagration of Phoenixes
- Fri, 10 May 2013 - New from Forge World
- Thu, 09 May 2013 - Grey Knights go Digital
- Wed, 08 May 2013 - The Fang Painting Competition
- Tue, 07 May 2013 - Painting the Glittering Host
- Mon, 06 May 2013 - Talisman Prologue out now