Nothing says 'implacable war machine' quite like a six-legged, cannon-totting Triarch Stalker. As Walkers go, this one has the edge over pretty much every other Walker in Warhammer 40,000. It's got more legs for a start, which can only be a good thing when it comes to striding across war-torn battlefields. Like most Dreadnought-like constructs, the Triarch Stalker is pretty lightly armoured compared to a main line battle tank, but never fear, because the Necrons have found a solution to that - they've given it Quantum Shielding (which is as impressive as it sounds). To put it in human terms, it means that the Triarch Stalker is impossible to destroy with regular weapons, hard to destroy with big guns, and only just killable with really big ones once you get rid of the shield.
Okay, so we've established that it's pretty resilient, but how much damage can it do? That's what everyone's really interested in - how many enemies it can crush, blast apart or otherwise disintegrate in a spectacularly messy, but ultimately economical, way. The heat ray is the traditional armament of the Triarch Stalker, and it can be used in two ways - either as a high strength tank-busting melta weapon, or as a dispersed fiery inferno that's great against infantry units. The really sinister news is that if the Stalker doesn't kill its target outright, then it sends a message to all friendly units to let them know that the enemy is still alive and requires immediate termination. Necrons are nothing if not efficient...
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 - Et tu Helbrutus?
- Fri, 07 Mar 2014 - By the power of Chaos, White Dwarf is out tomorrow
- Thu, 06 Mar 2014 - Dwarfed in stature
- Wed, 05 Mar 2014 - Transferable Skills
- Tue, 04 Mar 2014 - The Imperial Knight Companion
- Mon, 03 Mar 2014 - Let the crusade begin
- Sat, 01 Mar 2014 - Herald of War – the Knight Companion
- Fri, 28 Feb 2014 - Charge your thermal cannons, White Dwarf and Warhammer: Visions out tomorrow!
- Thu, 27 Feb 2014 - Honour, Courage and Solitude: the life of a Freeblade
- Wed, 26 Feb 2014 - Damned if you do…