Nothing says 'implacable war machine' quite like a six-legged, cannon-totting Triarch Stalker. As Walkers go, this one has the edge over pretty much every other Walker in Warhammer 40,000. It's got more legs for a start, which can only be a good thing when it comes to striding across war-torn battlefields. Like most Dreadnought-like constructs, the Triarch Stalker is pretty lightly armoured compared to a main line battle tank, but never fear, because the Necrons have found a solution to that - they've given it Quantum Shielding (which is as impressive as it sounds). To put it in human terms, it means that the Triarch Stalker is impossible to destroy with regular weapons, hard to destroy with big guns, and only just killable with really big ones once you get rid of the shield.
Okay, so we've established that it's pretty resilient, but how much damage can it do? That's what everyone's really interested in - how many enemies it can crush, blast apart or otherwise disintegrate in a spectacularly messy, but ultimately economical, way. The heat ray is the traditional armament of the Triarch Stalker, and it can be used in two ways - either as a high strength tank-busting melta weapon, or as a dispersed fiery inferno that's great against infantry units. The really sinister news is that if the Stalker doesn't kill its target outright, then it sends a message to all friendly units to let them know that the enemy is still alive and requires immediate termination. Necrons are nothing if not efficient...
- Wed, 04 Dec 2013 - Bring it all! Siege warfare and Super-heavy tanks
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 - New: Imperial Armour Volume Two, Second Edition
- Mon, 02 Dec 2013 - Countdown to Christmas
- Sat, 30 Nov 2013 - New Products available to pre-order
- Fri, 29 Nov 2013 - December’s White Dwarf preview
- Thu, 28 Nov 2013 - Mud: it’s cracking stuff!
- Wed, 27 Nov 2013 - All is rust…
- Tue, 26 Nov 2013 - More blood, guts and gore
- Mon, 25 Nov 2013 - Prepare for the Arms Race
- Sat, 23 Nov 2013 - Black Legion and Clan Raukaan