Up until last Saturday the only people to have tried out the new paints were the guys in the Studio (those lucky blighters). While this may seem like a great perk of the job, they were also important in the development of these paints, testing them out and making sure that they all worked exactly how they were meant to. Apparently this involved being herded to a Paint Station after work each day and they weren't allowed to leave until they'd tested every colour. Every developmental process needs a team of guinea pigs after all.
Wade Pryce, our Communications Manager (that means he's got a really big Vox caster strapped to his car), has shown off several of his armies in White Dwarf and on the blog in the past, which means he's generally pretty nifty with a brush. He was also the first victim/volunteer to step in front of the camera and tell us how he felt about the new paints, what he liked about them, and how they would affect his painting style.
Keep popping back later this week as we've got plenty more testimonials from other members of the Studio, ranging from Joe Tomaszewski in the 'Eavy Metal team to the Hobby Butterfly himself, Adam Troke.
- Tue, 11 Mar 2014 - Hell on legs
- Mon, 10 Mar 2014 - Crimson: the colour of carnage
- Sat, 08 Mar 2014 - Et tu Helbrutus?
- Fri, 07 Mar 2014 - By the power of Chaos, White Dwarf is out tomorrow
- Thu, 06 Mar 2014 - Dwarfed in stature
- Wed, 05 Mar 2014 - Transferable Skills
- Tue, 04 Mar 2014 - The Imperial Knight Companion
- Mon, 03 Mar 2014 - Let the crusade begin
- Sat, 01 Mar 2014 - Herald of War – the Knight Companion
- Fri, 28 Feb 2014 - Charge your thermal cannons, White Dwarf and Warhammer: Visions out tomorrow!