Up until last Saturday the only people to have tried out the new paints were the guys in the Studio (those lucky blighters). While this may seem like a great perk of the job, they were also important in the development of these paints, testing them out and making sure that they all worked exactly how they were meant to. Apparently this involved being herded to a Paint Station after work each day and they weren't allowed to leave until they'd tested every colour. Every developmental process needs a team of guinea pigs after all.
Wade Pryce, our Communications Manager (that means he's got a really big Vox caster strapped to his car), has shown off several of his armies in White Dwarf and on the blog in the past, which means he's generally pretty nifty with a brush. He was also the first victim/volunteer to step in front of the camera and tell us how he felt about the new paints, what he liked about them, and how they would affect his painting style.
Keep popping back later this week as we've got plenty more testimonials from other members of the Studio, ranging from Joe Tomaszewski in the 'Eavy Metal team to the Hobby Butterfly himself, Adam Troke.
- Fri, 17 May 2013 - The return of Daenyathos
- Thu, 16 May 2013 - The Phoenix Reborn
- Wed, 15 May 2013 - Painting the armies of Ulthuan
- Tue, 14 May 2013 - Civil War and Death Worlds
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - A Conflagration of Phoenixes
- Fri, 10 May 2013 - New from Forge World
- Thu, 09 May 2013 - Grey Knights go Digital
- Wed, 08 May 2013 - The Fang Painting Competition
- Tue, 07 May 2013 - Painting the Glittering Host
- Mon, 06 May 2013 - Talisman Prologue out now