We've got even more models painted by our store staff today - this time some wonderful Imperial Fists from Robert Sta, who works at the Games Workshop store in Rotterdam. The project took him six months to complete, and features some rather neat conversions - it was certainly worth the effort. Here's how he went about painting them:
Robert: I started with a Chaos Black undercoat and then a Tausept Ochre basecoat. After this, I applied a coat of Vomit Brown, before highlighting with Bleached Bone and then Skull White. After this, I applied thin coats of Golden Yellow, while for the extreme highlights I add a few final touches of Skull White. For any shading, I use Chaos Black mixed with Devlan Mud, which I applied in the recesses.
I made my Sternguard Veterans using Forge World Iron Armour and normal Space Marine bits. I also used some Iron Warrior helmets, but stripped away the taint of Chaos and made them suitable for hard-looking Imperial Fists. I converted my Vindicators using a Baneblade and a Thunderfire Cannon.
Mark: Thanks, Robert! Given this is the second post featuring store hobby today, it's a good reminder to head to your local Hobby Centre to see just what's going on. Not only will you get some good advice on painting and converting miniatures, but you're likely to find some excellent inspiration too. And if you see something that catches your eye, or have played some cool games in store, we'd like to know about it - send us some photos using that big red button on the top right of the page. If you get lost easily, you can locate your nearest Hobby Centre using our Store Finder.
- Thu, 23 May 2013 - Return to the Empire
- Wed, 22 May 2013 - June’s White Dwarf preview
- Tue, 21 May 2013 - The Sons of Titan
- Mon, 20 May 2013 - A dying flame in the darkness
- Fri, 17 May 2013 - The return of Daenyathos
- Thu, 16 May 2013 - The Phoenix Reborn
- Wed, 15 May 2013 - Painting the armies of Ulthuan
- Tue, 14 May 2013 - Civil War and Death Worlds
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - A Conflagration of Phoenixes
- Fri, 10 May 2013 - New from Forge World