We had loads of photos of Ben Hodges' Tyranids that we couldn't fit them all in the previous posts. There were just so many models in his army that we were really spoilt for choice, so we decided to use them all anyway. Have a browse through the slider to check them out. Ben will no doubt be adding a few of the new releases to his army pretty soon, but to finish off, here's a few words on how he currently uses his Tyranids on the battlefield and his favourite units:
Ben: My playing style has evolved over the years catering for various changes in rules and Codexes. I would say my favourite Tyranid army to field at the moment is an all-reserve list. Outflanking Genestealers will take out most things. Shrikes with boneswords and lashwhips make mince meat of those pesky Grey Knights - that is, assuming you take enough of them. Trygons, Hive Guards and Zoanthropes all pack a punch when dealing with Mechanised armies. But last, and by no means least, the Doom of Malan'tai. For me, it is by far the best unit choice in the Codex - I made my conversion of the Doom of Malan'tai with the intention of making it look as disturbing as the powers it possesses.
Mark: Thanks, Ben. That was certainly an impressive Tyranids army - and the most pink we've ever shown on What's New Today. For those of you who have been inspired to start your own Hive Fleet, check out our Tyranids section.
If you'd love to see your own models featured on the blog, all you have to do is send us photos of your miniatures using the links on the right-hand side of this page. Don't forget to include a description on how you painted them and how you use them in your games.
- Mon, 20 May 2013 - A dying flame in the darkness
- Fri, 17 May 2013 - The return of Daenyathos
- Thu, 16 May 2013 - The Phoenix Reborn
- Wed, 15 May 2013 - Painting the armies of Ulthuan
- Tue, 14 May 2013 - Civil War and Death Worlds
- Mon, 13 May 2013 - A Conflagration of Phoenixes
- Fri, 10 May 2013 - New from Forge World
- Thu, 09 May 2013 - Grey Knights go Digital
- Wed, 08 May 2013 - The Fang Painting Competition
- Tue, 07 May 2013 - Painting the Glittering Host