We had loads of photos of Ben Hodges' Tyranids that we couldn't fit them all in the previous posts. There were just so many models in his army that we were really spoilt for choice, so we decided to use them all anyway. Have a browse through the slider to check them out. Ben will no doubt be adding a few of the new releases to his army pretty soon, but to finish off, here's a few words on how he currently uses his Tyranids on the battlefield and his favourite units:
Ben: My playing style has evolved over the years catering for various changes in rules and Codexes. I would say my favourite Tyranid army to field at the moment is an all-reserve list. Outflanking Genestealers will take out most things. Shrikes with boneswords and lashwhips make mince meat of those pesky Grey Knights - that is, assuming you take enough of them. Trygons, Hive Guards and Zoanthropes all pack a punch when dealing with Mechanised armies. But last, and by no means least, the Doom of Malan'tai. For me, it is by far the best unit choice in the Codex - I made my conversion of the Doom of Malan'tai with the intention of making it look as disturbing as the powers it possesses.
Mark: Thanks, Ben. That was certainly an impressive Tyranids army - and the most pink we've ever shown on What's New Today. For those of you who have been inspired to start your own Hive Fleet, check out our Tyranids section.
If you'd love to see your own models featured on the blog, all you have to do is send us photos of your miniatures using the links on the right-hand side of this page. Don't forget to include a description on how you painted them and how you use them in your games.
- Sat, 07 Dec 2013 - Codex Space Marines: Ultima Edition
- Fri, 06 Dec 2013 - Death of Sylvania: Sigmar’s Blood
- Thu, 05 Dec 2013 - From the Depths of Mirkwood
- Wed, 04 Dec 2013 - Bring it all! Siege warfare and Super-heavy tanks
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 - New: Imperial Armour Volume Two, Second Edition
- Mon, 02 Dec 2013 - Countdown to Christmas
- Sat, 30 Nov 2013 - New Products available to pre-order
- Fri, 29 Nov 2013 - December’s White Dwarf preview
- Thu, 28 Nov 2013 - Mud: it’s cracking stuff!
- Wed, 27 Nov 2013 - All is rust…